Sunday 2 February 2014

CHOCOLATE COVERED PEANUT BUTTER PRETZEL STICKS


Valentines day is a just around the corner and as a food blogger I am required to bring you delicious treats most of which are white, red or pink and these pretzels definitely fit the bill.

These recipes came about because after I tried some peanut butter filled pretzel bites at wedding, OMG they were amazing. I ate so many of them I sure looked like a pig to everyone at the table. I was brainstorming ways to recreate those beauties and fill them with a whole array of other fillings cracking my head about how to make hollow pretzels and then fill them when I saw the pretzel sticks in my snack cupboard and eureka!  (if you get the eureka, you're a geek like me).

With just three ingredients, these pretzels are so easy to make. I love these pretzels because they can very easily be customised; peanut butter for any other nut butter or spread of your choice, dip in milk or dark chocolate or even a combination and decorate with whatever sweets or colours to match your event or holiday.



Make these for the person or people you love this valentines day or for your next party! They're quick, they're easy and they're delicious, I mean, why wouldn't you?

Chocolate Covered Loaded Pretzels

Ingredients - there are no measurements in this recipe as its up to you how many pretzel sticks you want to make and how thickly you want to spread your filling

Pretzel sticks

Peanut butter or other spread of your choice (I made some speculoos ones as well)
Chocolate - you can use real chocolate or candy melts or cake covering
Decorations of your choice

Directions
Slather peanut butter (or spread of your choice) onto your pretzel sticks. Place on some baking paper and place in the freezer for at least 30 minutes.


Melt your chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and pour into a container tall enough to dip three-quarters of your pretzel sticks. Take out your pretzel sticks two at a time and dip them in the melted chocolate, sprinkle on your choice of decoration whilst they are still wet or leave plain.


Place on a baking tray lined with baking paper and leave to set. You can drizzle on some melted chocolate at this point if you wish.


see, easy peasy!

No comments:

Post a Comment