Monday 10 February 2014

COCONUT FILLED CHOCOLATE HEARTS


Here I am again with another sweet treat for your sweetheart or yourself this valentines day. ok ok not necessarily for valentines day, (I've eaten most of them and between me and you I doubt they will make it to valentines day) I just said that so you would think I was a super organised blogger that brought you recipes tailored to the time of year lol!

One of my favourite chocolates is bounty and I have been telling them for years (telepathically of-course) to make a white chocolate one, since they kept ignoring me I took matters into my own hands (cue super hero theme music) and boy am I glad I did!!!!!

These are so delicious and easy, they are everything I wanted my white chocolate bounty to taste like, I dressed them up a bit and added some dark chocolate for a pretty two toned effect but feel free to use any chocolate that you like. 



I used a heart shaped mould because that's what I had, feel free to use whatever mould you can get. Enough of my talking (or typing?), lets get to the recipe shall we?

Coconut Filled Chocolate Hearts

Ingredients
40g unsweetened dessicated coconut
80ml condensed milk
1/2 tbsp icing sugar
92g white chocolate (half broken into squares, half chopped)
46g dark chocolate (half broken into squares, half chopped)
These measurements will depend on the size of your mould so scale up or down accordingly.

Directions
Mix the coconut, condensed milk and sugar together and chill for about 30 minutes to make them less sticky, mould into little balls and return to the fridge. 



The size of your coconut balls will depend on how big or small your moulds are, just make sure the balls are small enough not to touch the sides of your mould when placed in it. 

Melt the squares of chocolate in a double boiler or microwave until fully melted (If using the microwave use the defrost setting and melt in short bursts of 1 min to 30 secs stirring after each burst to avoid burning the chocolate).

Pour in the chopped chocolate and stir until it is melted. This is a rough way of tempering the chocolate to ensure that it stays shiny and has a good snap when it sets back up.



These pictures are from an different post but the process is exactly the same


Place a bit of the white chocolate in the bottom of your moulds and press in the coconut balls flattening the tops if necessary, add in more white chocolate to almost cover the coconut and place in the fridge for about 5-10 minutes. 




Pour over some dark chocolate to completely cover the coconut (Make sure not to overfill your moulds like I did so that you can get a completely smooth level bottom). Return to the fridge and allow to set completely. 




Pop your little beauties out of their moulds and enjoy or share with your sweetheart. 



just look at all that coconutty goodness................. I'm off to have one now :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment