Monday 17 February 2014

COCONUT PECAN AND WHITE CHOCOLATE BLONDIES


My friend had the most gorgeous baby boy about three weeks ago and I went to see them this weekend. I just love babies, so cute, cuddly and they always smell so good. I didn’t get to carry him and play with him for as long as I wanted to because there were many grandmas and uncles and so on waiting to carry himas well and I didn’t want to seem like a baby hog even though I totally am.

Even before I had decided on when I was going to visit them, I had already decided to take these blondies with me. They are so so easy to make and chewy, moist , delicious................ just how I like my blondies.  

The base recipe for these blondies is from Smitten Kitchen; I love recipes like this that can be easily adapted to suit your tastes, whatever mix ins you decide to use is entirely up to you, the possibilities are endless!!!!!!!



So what are you waiting for? Get into kitchen and make up a batch of these blondies anyway you like. Drop me a comment to let me know what other mix-ins you used, I would love to hear from you :-)

Coconut Pecan and White Chocolate Blondies (recipe adapted from Smitten Kitchen)

Ingredients
125g plain flour
1/8 tsp salt
113g of unsalted butter
238g dark brown sugar
1 large egg
1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
100g white chocolate, chopped
70g pecans, chopped
60g desiccated coconut

Directions
Preheat your oven to 175C , Grease and flour you r 8x8 in square tin (I used two 8x4 tins). 

Whisk the flour and salt together in a small bowl. Melt the butter and whisk in the brown sugar until smooth.


Add the egg and vanilla to the butter mixture and whisk to combine. Next fold in the flour and salt mixture until just combined.



Fold in the chocolate, pecans and coconut and pour into the prepared tin making sure to smooth the top with a spatula or knife.


Bake for 18 – 22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out with a few moist crumbs on it. It is important not to over bake these brownies to keep them moist and chewy, they might seem a bit soft and under baked but as they cool they will firm up.


No comments:

Post a Comment