Sunday 26 January 2014

CINNAMON CHIP STREUSEL MUFFINS


Hey guys, I’m soooooooo sorry I haven’t posted anything in a while, I moved about 2 weeks ago but my router didn’t come until last week, and then when it came it wasn’t working bla bla bla........... long story short I couldn’t go online but now I can hurray!

I’m celebrating the return to my cyber life with these cinnamon chip streusel muffins; these were a request from my friend as she recently went to America and had these  and was craving them now that she was back in the UK.

Now if you are a UK baker you will know that you cannot get cinnamon chips anywhere here and so I had to make my own. I got the recipe from bright eyed baker and I don’t know what the commercial cinnamon chips are like but these were AMAZING. They gave the muffins these intense bursts of cinnamon every time you bit into one and this combined with the buttery crunchy streusel topping just makes these muffins beyond delicious!!!!!
These muffins would make a great breakfast, part of a breakfast spread or a perfect pick me up snack, make them ASAP! Trust me if you wait you really are missing out.

CINNAMON CHIP STREUSEL MUFFINS recipe adapted from HERE 

Ingredients
For the streusel
63g cold butter
50g flour
100g granulated sugar
30g light brown sugar

For the muffin
250g plain flour
165g granulated sugar
3 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
250ml milk
1 large egg
60ml vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla
170g cinnamon chips

Directions
Place all the ingredients for the streusel in a food processor and pulse until it small, fairly uniform crumbs are formed.



In a medium bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients except the cinnamon chips. In another, whisk the wet ingredients together until properly incorporated.


Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and pour in the wet. Using a spoon mix until just incorporated as over mixing will yield tough muffins – don’t worry the batter should be lumpy and stir in half the cinnamon chips. Leave the batter to rest in fridge overnight.


When you are ready to bake preheat your oven to 200C (190 fan), line a 12 cup muffin tin with baking cases and lightly grease. Fold in the rest of the cinnamon chips,divide the mixture evenly into the muffin tin and top generously with the streusel.



Bake for about 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick it knife inserted into the muffin comes out clean.


mmmmmm..................... look at all that yummy cinnamony deliciousness.

Make ahead tip: mix the ingredients for the muffin together as directed above but don’t add the cinnamon chips. Store in the fridge for overnight and stir in the cinnamon chips just before baking. Store the streusel in the fridge as well and break up with fingers if it solidifies.





No comments:

Post a Comment