Monday 10 March 2014

MINI PLANTAIN PANCAKE MUFFINS


Hey guys, I’m back to continue my plantain series. I have been having so much fun experimenting with plantain. I should have probably posted this recipe last week so that you guys could have made them for shrove Tuesday or pancake Tuesday  but I’m not that organised of a blogger yet, but on the plus side pancakes can be enjoyed anytime so I’m sure you will forgive me.

As much as I love pancakes, sometimes I’m just not in the mood to  stand next to the hob frying a whole bunch of batter so when I saw these mini pancake muffins from bakerella I practically sprinted to get out my mini muffin tin.

I stirred some ripe mashed plantain into the pancake batter to make these super cute mini plantain pancake muffins. These are so delicious and a cinch to make and can easily be scaled up or down.
They make a quick and scrummy breakfast or brunch so hop into your kitchen and whip up a batch.

Mini Plantain pancake muffins, recipe adapted from bakerella.com

Ingredients
125g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
2 tbsp sugar
2/3 cup buttermilk
1 egg
2 tbsp golden syrup
2 tbsp melted butter plus more to grease tins
1 medium plantain mashed – I take out the middle but of the plantain with the little black seeds but feel free to leave these in if you want

Directions
Preheat your oven to 175oC and generously grease a non-stick 24 hole mini muffin tin with melted butter or cooking spray.

In a bowl, combine the dry ingredients and stir with a whisk to mix; in another bowl, combine the wet ingredients except the plantain and mix until just incorporated. 


Add the wet ingredients to the dry mixing until combined. 



Add in the mashed plantain and stir to distribute. 



Pour evenly into the mini muffin tin and bake for 10 - 12 minutes. 


Allow to cool for about 3-5 minutes before unmoulding them from the pan. 


Serve with your favourite pancake syrup or my favourite way with scrambled eggs and hot dogs yum yum!!

Note: You might need to use a toothpick to loosen the edges.

No comments:

Post a Comment