Monday 11 November 2013

HOME-MADE WHITE CHOCOLATE CRUNCH BARS


That's quite a long title isn't it? lol. Sorry couldn't think of a shorter one because I was too excited to post my first sweet recipe!!!!!!

I loved white chocolate crunch bars when I was younger but they are no longer readily available in the UK and so when saw this I knew I had to make the white chocolate version. These are more cups than bars but that's just because of the mould I used, feel free to use whatever mould you like.


I’m not even sure I can call this a recipe because it so so simple. These are great for kids' lunch boxes, for your next party or just as a snack; find a reason to make them you will not be sorry.



HOME-MADE WHITE CHOCOLATE CRUNCH BARS

Ingredients
130 g of white chocolate (half chopped half broken into squares)
10g of rice krispies (or any other rice cereal treats)
Mini silicone cupcake cases or chocolate mould 

Directions
Place the squares of chocolate into a heat proof bowl and melt over a double boiler or in the microwave until fully melted. (If using the microwave use the defrost setting and melt in short bursts of 1 min to 30s to avoid burning the chocolate).


Pour in the chopped chocolate and stir until it is melted. This is a rough way of tempering the chocolate to ensure that it stays shiny and has a good snap when it sets back up. 


Stir in the rice krispies and pour into the cupcake cases, rap the cupcake cases/ moulds on the table to help get rid of air bubbles. I placed mine on my chopping board to make this easier. Pop into the fridge and allow to set.



and thats it!!



mmmmm...yummy crispiness 







No comments:

Post a Comment